𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐲𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐚
Dysmenorrhea is a medical term that refers to the painful menstrual periods caused by uterine contractions. During dysmenorrhea, the person will face pain in the pelvis, back, or legs, abdomen, abdominal cramps, headache, or fatigue. This pain sometimes turns so severe that it becomes to get through your day-to-day activities.
There are two types of Dysmenorrhea:
• Primary- It primarily arises because of uterine muscle contractions and refers to recurrent pain.
• Secondary- It is caused by some underlying conditions such as endometriosis. It is also caused by reproductive system disorders.
The pain could be sharp and throbbing. Then, it could be dull and aching. It generally starts with lower belly and spread to low back or thighs. Other symptoms include:
1. Nausea & Vomiting
2. Diarrhea & Headache
4. Severe or unusual cramps for 2 or more days
5. Signs infection such as fever or chills
6. Cramps along with heavy menstrual bleeding
7. Vaginal discharge and bleeding
1. Primary dysmenorrhea -high levels of hormone called prostaglandins.
2. Secondary dysmenorrhea is caused by a health issue such as:
• Ovarian cysts
• Infection in the female reproductive organ that is pelvic inflammatory disease
• Noncancerous uterus growths—uterine fibroids and tumors
• Intrauterine device (IUDs)
• Scars from previous surgery
• Inflammatory bowel disease
Pain in the stomach area, back & legs, and thighs are very normal during periods. This is called Dysmenorrhea and can be treated by homeopathy with constitutional remedy. Homeopathy treats the underlying condition of the disease. The treatment goes on till all the symptoms and signs of dysmenorrhea get removed. Medicines like Belladonna, Chamomilla, Cimicifuga, Natrum muriaticum, Lachesis, Nux vomica, Sepia, and Pulsatilla can be used. 𝐃𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐢’𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜 is one of the leading homeopathic centers in Bhubaneswar and provides effective diagnosis, treatment, and medications for dysmenorrhea.